Saturday, June 2, 2012

Going Solo

I FINALLY am getting some alone time today.  My husband has been gone for 4 weeks and he is back for the weekend.  Yes, I have been a single mom for four weeks.  Let me just say this, I do not know how all the single moms do it.  I give tremendous kudos to all of you!  I know that God has given us the gifts to "just get it done," but it is hard.  Thank goodness for a great support team, my mother-in-law, who came and stayed with Andy when he had a fever, so I could go to work.  My friends, who watched the boys when I had my 3 Pampered Chefs show while Steve was gone.  My co-workers for being understanding when I don't have something done or need to leave to care for one of my children.  I couldn't do any of it without you!  Thank you!!

But, today, is a busy day!  I need to go to school and work.  Yup, it is a Saturday, and I will be there for the majority of the day and tomorrow.  You see, we have Field Day on Wednesday.  It is my baby, and I am in charge of 350 kids having the best day all year long!  I love it.  I love helping to provide this awesome day for the kids, especially after they have worked so hard all year long!  I have 100 (awesome!) parents volunteering their time, and a wonderful staff who carries out all the stations.  It is a great day, but takes a lot of prepping...so that is what I am doing today.  Plus, I have to make my end of the year gifts for my kids! Oh yeah, and those things called REPORT CARDS.   Busy, busy, busy!!
My husband, Steve, with his mini-me.  Ready to tackle the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment