Sunday, February 3, 2013

Love Conquers All

It is Sunday.  It is Super Bowl Sunday.  Plans to be with friends tonight, which should be fun!  But what I am really thinking about right now is how "Love Conquers All."  This was the message today at Hosanna!  Pastor Shea is amazing and I always love listening to him preach.  The sermon series is Hot Topics, and last week was on sexuality, this week was religion, and next week is politics.

Religion.  I LOVE my Lord and I seriously want to shout it from the rooftops!  I want everyone to know what a LOVING Lord we have.  I want everyone to ASK Jesus into their hearts, so we can all spend eternity in heaven.  BUT not everyone receives this message very well.  So, there are many times I just keep my mouth shut.  I don't share what I know (but there are many times I share A LOT!).  Today's message was to Live It.  Live what I know through my actions, and THEN be prepared to answer the question of, "Why are you so happy?" or "What happened to you today?", then and only then will I share that I am filled with the Holy Spirit and LIVE for HIM!

How can I do this?  Through my parenting.  I need to show LOVE to my children, show them how Jesus would have cared for the children.  I need to be PATIENT, UNDERSTANDING, CARING.  I love my boys more than anything, and I want them to LIVE with the Lord in them as well.  So far, I think they are doing a pretty good job...except when they are calling each other names, and hitting, and.....I could go on.  But I LOVE the moments where they are just playing and laughing, and truly enjoying each others company!

I started this blog, wondering what I was going to blog about.  Would anyone want to read what I have to say?  What do people want to hear?  What do I enjoy that I want to write about?  What do I knowledge do I have to share with the world?  How can I LIVE IT and SHARE IT?

Stay tuned, as I am going to try to help people out.  Answer questions I may have, or have heard other moms ask.  And I am going to try to do this by just LIVING IT!

Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. It is so important for everyone to know that the only way we get to spend eternity together is to ask Jesus to live in us. It's not just because you are a good person or do good things. That is not enough. You have to ask Jesus to be in your heart, and to live a Christ-like life. I pray that all of my children will know Christ in that way so I know that I will be able to be with them always. I look so forward to being back with my sister Cindy again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your comment, Mom!! This is the thought that gets me through the difficult moments of losing someone very close to me! I love you, and I KNOW Jesus is the only way to heaven...and I am trying to make sure my siblings know as well!! Love you, Mom!

    ReplyDelete