Thursday, May 31, 2012

Meet Cooper

Cooper Baby.  The name just puts a smile on my face!  Cooper Malek Lujan was born on July 18, 2011.  Steve and I knew we wanted a 3rd child, but were actually planning on just having the baby now....but Jeremiah 29:11....God had a different plan for us!  Cooper came a year sooner than we had thought...remember, I am fertile myrtle....and I ended up with a July baby.  With being a kindergarten teacher, I never really wanted to make the decision on whether or not I would send my child to school at age 5 or 6, now I have to make that decision.  For those of you who care, as of now, Cooper will be 6 when he goes!  I can post about that decision later.

I will admit, I had some major anxiety on naming Cooper.  Joey and Andy just flows so nicely together.  Joseph and Andrew are strong Christian names.  I needed the perfect name, but what would it be.  I came upon a website, where I was able to put in that I wanted the name to end in y and have 2 syllables.  Perfect!  Not so perfect.  Over 1000 names came up and I didn't care for any of them.  My stomach was turning.  My baby wasn't going to have a name!

I was doodling baby names everywhere.  Nothing I came up with sounded good with Joey and Andy.  I even gave my kindergartners an assignment to think of 3 boys names for me!  They came up with some good ones.  And, I believe, it was Kaylin who brought me Cooper.  I had thought of this name prior to reading it on her sheet, and liked it.  I through it out there for Steve, my husband, to think about.  He liked it.  We were getting somewhere now.  BUT, we also liked CJ.  Just CJ, not short for anything.  I knew I wanted to use Malek, my maiden name, for the middle name.  With all boys, I couldn't use Molly or Faye on them, so that left my maiden name....plus I think it is cool!

There was a problem.  Everything I heard the name Cooper, I thought pooper.  Ugh.  If I think it, you know mean, bully type kids will think it.  I don't want him to be called Cooper the Pooper Scooper!!!  I just didn't know if I could go with that name.

Cooper was born.  He was unnamed for over an hour, which isn't a long time...but people were waiting to hear his name!  We were going back and forth between Cooper and CJ.  What were we going to do?  Finally, we just made the decision, and Cooper Malek it was!  I will admit, it took awhile to get used to calling him Cooper.  Grandma even called one day and asked how Carter was.  "Mom, do you mean Cooper?"  I told her that I forgot his name a couple of times too...I am hoping that is a common thing with new babies!!  Now Cooper is Cooper.  I couldn't imagine him being anyone else!  It is cute though, Andy likes to call him Coops.  And it just sounds so cute when he says it!!  I call him Coop a lot.
Cooper, who looks just like his daddy, at 10 months old

Not a lot to report on Cooper, except he is the easiest baby ever!!  He sleeps from 7:30 pm to 7:00 am.  He never cries.  He is happy all the time.  He just goes with the flow.  It will be interesting to see how that changes in time, but right now and I enjoying my little Cooper Baby!!!
Cooper is my only baby who has the BLUE eyes I prayed for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment