Wednesday, September 25, 2013

It's a Girl!!

Ok, I hate to burst your bubble...but, no, we aren't pregnant! :(  As a mom of three boys, I hear ALL THE TIME, "Are you going to try for a girl??"  As much as I would LOVE to say, "YES!", my answer is, "no......unless God has other plans!"

Steve is dead set that we are done, and I thought we were too.  Then I went through a period of thinking, no, I am not done having kids.  I am home now, we don't have to pay daycare, we can do this!  But, I think I have been defeated!

That is ok though, because God has put several little girls into my life, right at the right time...can you imagine anything less of our Lord??  First, my baby sister (11 years younger than me!), just had twin girls!!  So exciting!  There is just something to be said, when your sister has babies!  Especially a sister that you feel more of a mom to, than a sister!  A very emotional time!  I am eager to watch her raise these beauties and help whenever I can!

NEXT, God brought me Aubree!  A sweet little blue-eyed baby girl for me to watch while her mama and daddy are working.  I am friends with her mom, as we taught together, and I offered to watch her!  Today was our first day together for the year, and it went great!  Cooper even did great with her!  After a few "hard" pats on the head, I think we are adjusting nicely!

So, no, I don't have any girls of my own, but God has planted some into my life right now.  And that, I am grateful for!
Baby Aubree sporting one of my crochet hats!
Gracie and Kinley, almost ready to go home!!


No comments:

Post a Comment