Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Why Was I Crying?

I can't believe I was crying.  Well, I can, because I tend to cry at everything....but still, I can't believe I was crying!  Joey had his dance rehearsal tonight at the high school.  With Steve being out of town, I carted all three boys from lacrosse to dance.  Once we got to the auditorium, which was a challenge, since it is on the 2nd level...so I had to find an elevator, since I had Cooper in a stroller.  Which I found out, when I got back to the van, that I had left the trunk of the van open the whole time we were gone!  Luckily, none of Joey's lacrosse equipment had been taken!

Where was I?  Oh yes, I was crying.  So, right before Joey's dance, the Dad and Dolls Competition dance performed.  If you have never seen this before, it is awesome!  And, if we had a girl, Steve would be up there.  If you asked him, he would say, "No way!", but I would make him!  Anyway, I was crying.  Yes, literally crying!  I had so many emotions going through me while I watched those girls dance on stage with their dads.  The dads, dressed in t-shirts and jeans, trying their best to dance with their daughters.  I thought about my dad, and how fun it would have been to dance with him at some point during my 10 years of dance lessons.  I thought about the fact that we have 3 boys, and Steve won't get to do a dance with anyone....but hey, they should have a moms and son dance class......I might have to bring that up!

Most of all, I just felt like we were missing out on something.  Those dads and daughters were having an amazing experience, that my family will never have.  It just makes me really sad.  I know, I know...I am so grateful for everything God has given my family, but it still made me sad.

My sadness stems from so much more, which I will post about later.  Sitting here writing about it, just makes me cry.  It is hard to explain.  On a happy note though, Joey did an awesome job!  He told me he was a little stage fright, but when he got out there, he had a lot of fun.  Two girls even gave him a high five!! He told me he wants to take dance again next year! 

Joey dancing to Party Rock!
I didn't get many good pictures, but it is something!

2 comments:

  1. Kaylin and I are going to the recital on Saturday night. Will Joey be dancing??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Joey is dancing Saturday night! He is also dancing Sat. at noon and Sunday night. I am planning on going Sat. at noon. I am so excited to see all the dancers!

    ReplyDelete